Migrating an Existing Site to Seravo
If you already have an existing WordPress site, it can be easily migrated to Seravo.com.
You can do the migrating yourself following the instructions for site migration, or you can purchase it from our experts who will do it in a few hours of additional work (the actual amount hours will depend on the size of the site and the amount of components to be migrated). When ordering the migration of a site from Seravo.com, we will ensure that the site works perfectly in the new environment.
When migrating a site from generic shared hosting to Seravo.com that is specialized in WordPress hosting, you will instantly see benefits like increased performance and security. We warmly welcome you to put us to the test and see how much faster your site works on our platform!
The process of migration
- The customer submits an order for the website and a new environment is created (example.fi.seravo.com or similar). The credentials will be sent to the customer's contact.
- The domain transfer will be started. It is recommended to also transfer the domains to Seravo.com together with the website: that way our experts can take care of the functionality of the website as a whole. One domain is always included in all our plans. The domain transfer is a separate, background process from the website migration that enables Seravo.com to take care of for instance the registration fees and renewals of your domain. To realize the domain transfer, a domain authorization key, all current DNS records and domain owner information (see below) are needed.
- The actual website will be migrated, which means that the content of the website will be copied from the old server to Seravo.com. The credentials needed for the migration are: wp admin-credentials and depending on availability, also SSH-, SFTP-, FTP- or cPanel-credentials.You can do the migrating yourself , or order it from Seravo as hourly work.
- After the migration the customer will be asked to review the website to make sure that all the content is showing correctly.
- After the site has been reviewed and everything looks good, a date and time will be agreed together with the customer to finalize the migration and publish the website on Seravo.com's servers. This is done by setting the domain to point to the website located at Seravo.com. If the website in question is a web shop, it will be put in maintenance mode for a while to avoid orders being registered in two different places.
- There is a delay of 1–5 hours due to the structure of name servers before the domain fully points to the right place. During this time the website may give a security warning to users because the SSL-sertificate generation process is not yet finished. After all the name servers have been updated and the domain points correctly, the use of old services can be ended safely. The website continues operating on Seravo.com.