Setting up your Domain with Free Gmail
Our plans allow our customers to select their email service provider based on their needs and budget. We recommend using Google’s G Suite, as it is the most professional and reliable option. G Suite comes bundled with additional features such as Google Drive for cloud storage and Google Calendar for easy scheduling and time management, making it an excellent choice for all types of businesses.
Seravo WordPress hosting and upkeep plans provide our customers with the possibility of using a free Gmail account with their own domain. For example, John Smith can use his domain johnsmith.com with his free Gmail account email@example.com. By using his own domain John can make his business look far more professional and it also makes it easier to remember.
Ordering an email service
When you’re placing an order for a Seravo plan, select the option Gmail with your own domain in the Email section. After that you can enter the email address you wish to use and the address of your Gmail account in their respective fields.
Sending email from Gmail with your own domain
Note: Please use your own domain and email address instead of <firstname.lastname@example.org> and leave out the <> symbols.
Here’s how it works:
- Login to the Gmail account you wish to use for sending emails with your domain and click on the gear icon in the top right corner of your inbox and select the option called Settings. Then select the tab called Accounts and click on Add another email address in the section Send mail as.
- In the new window that popped up enter the details of your new email address:
Name: <Your Name>
Email address: <email@example.com>
Uncheck the box treat as an alias
- Settings for outgoing mail server:
SMTP Server: smtp.<johnsmith.com>
Password: You’ll receive the password after we’ve registered or transferred your domain as part of your Seravo plan
Use the recommended secured connection setting
- After adding the account you’ll receive a confirmation email. Follow the instructions in the email and confirm adding the account by following the link or using the code in the email.
- Next you might want to set the new address as the default ‘From’ address. In the same Settings -> Account -> Send mail as section you can click on make default next to the address you added.
- If you don’t want to set it as the default ‘From’ email, you can select which email address to use when sending a new message by clicking the ‘From’ line when writing a message.
Further information on the ‘From’ address and confirmation email can be found in this Gmail Help article, however, as we’ve already added the new sender address and the correct outgoing server settings, do not attempt to follow the first step in the Gmail Help article.